Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Starting Over

Since I missed an entire week of running, due to lack of sleep and illness, I am essentially starting over. Let's hope no more sickness comes my way any time soon, though that's pretty impossible with a kid in preschool bringing home germs.

I got back to it today. I intended to start last night, first putting the kids to bed and then jogging while I watched TV. I got the kids to bed at 930, it was amazing. But by 10 two of them were up again, and I fought to get them to bed for the next THREE HOURS! Finally at 1am it seemed everyone would stay in their beds. Unfortunately it was also time for me to be in mine. So I got up this morning, and after submitting my hours for work ('cuz I need to get paid!) I hopped on the treadmill. 2 of my kids sat there staring at me the whole time, while the third slept. I managed to shave another minute off my time, but upping my speed. I went from walking at 3 mph and running at 3.5 mph to walking at 3.5 mph and running at 4 mph. It had been a week since I ran at all, so I was wiped out after just one mile.

Time - 0:17:50
Distance - 1.002 miles
Weight - 171.0 lbs

No comments: